Here is a step-by-step recipe (with Pictures) for making Mango Ice Cream (without Eggs) from scratch in 10 Steps. A healthy frozen treat for yourself or your family and friends, this homemade mango ice cream has a light flavor of mango – smooth, milky and creamy. Most importantly, it is made only with natural ingredients. No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, entirely safe to eat.
Mango Ice Cream (without Eggs) Recipe
300g mango flesh
200ml whipping cream
1. Peel the mango and slice the flesh off the seed.
2. Blend the mango flesh, milk and sugar in a blender.
3. Whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form.
4. Whisk the mango puree gradually into the whipped cream.
5. Cover the container with plastic wrap and keep in freezer for 1 hour.
6. Take it out from the freezer and scrape the frozen ice cream in from the edges. Whisk the mixture to a smooth and even texture.
7. Cover the container again and return to the freezer for another 1 hour.
8. Repeat the scraping and whisking process once or twice more at least, until the ice cream is smooth and nearly even frozen.
9. Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and freeze until frozen.
10. Enjoy your Homemade Mango Ice Cream.
- Wearing disposable gloves when handling the mango will help prevent lingering smell of mango on your hands.
- Everyone has their favorite type of mango. Use the mango you like.
- Look for a ripe mango as it tastes sweeter and more flavorful.
- Adding sugar in the mango ice cream improves the flavor.
- Do not add too much sugar. It is bad for health and may make the ice cream oversweet and unappetizing. You can omit the sugar at will.
- If you love mango ice cream and happen to be in Bangkok, go to Mango Tango – Best Mango Desserts in Bangkok.