I received my 30% Salicylic Acid Peel few days ago. I bought from an eBay seller named Skin Beauty Solutions. I have received a note with the product. Here I want to share: Chemical peels provide effective resurfacing results while safe for at home use. They provide a mild rejuvenation without the extended downtime of a more invasive peel. Although you will notice the results with your first application, peels work best by performing a series of peels over a two-month period. Then after two months, stop for a period of one month, and then resume using for two more months. These instructions will provide you with the best way to each peel for the maximum benefit and safety. Not following the directions i.e. overusing will not make your skin feel better and you risk skin irritations and burns; with skin peels, more is not better.
Getting started to use 30% Salicylic Acid Peel
30% Salicylic Acid Peel cleans pores, remove blackheads, clears acne and scars. Salicylic Acid is oil soluble and lipophilic so it penetrates sebum filled follicles and cleans out clogged pores, resulting in marked improvement in acne prone skin. Always perform a patch test in an inconspicuous area and wait 24 hours to observe signs of irritation before using any product. Directions must be followed exactly as in the instructions. Do not use if you have undergone recent chemotherapy treatment or Accutane treatment. Wait two weeks after stopping Retin-A or Obagi peels to use any chemical or acid peel. Never use any peel solution around the eyes or on the lips. As always, use reasonable judgment. If excessive irritation or stinging occurs with this product, rinse off immediately and discontinue. Do not use if you have sensitive skin.
The depth of chemical peels is controlled by contact time, frequency of application, thickness of application and strength of the solution. If you experience excessive irritation or skin burns after use, it is likely that you have left the solution on too long, used the solution too often or used a solution that is too strong. Please note the skin on the nose, chin and cheeks are generally more sensitive to acid stimulation. These areas should be neutralized within 2 to 3 minutes after application to avoid irritation or burns. Do not use any product with fragrance or exfoliation properties for 24 hours after any peel product.
Performing Salicylic Acid Peel
- Cleanse skin thoroughly and rinse well.
- Wipe rubbing alcohol (Isopropyl Alcohol) over face to remove all oil. Allow to air dry. It is important to remove any oils from the skin for the peel to be effective.
- Wet gauze pads with the about 1 to 2 ml of the Salicylic Acid peel solution and wipe over face, beginning on forehead and outer cheeks and work your way toward the center of your face. Try to apply a thin and even layer as possible going easy on the delicate skin around your nose. Leave a 2 mm margin between the edge of your eye and the peel. Do not rub into skin. Continue gently buffing for about 30 to 90 seconds.
- Allow peel to remain on skin for 2 to 5 minutes, depending on your tolerance. You can fan your skin (a blow dryer on cool setting works perfectly, but anything at hand can be used to fan air across your skin), which helps alleviate the stinging a little. If stinging becomes too intense, rinse face immediately. For first time users, do not leave on for more than 1 minute.
- Prepare a neutralizing solution with 2 tablespoons of baking soda with 1 cup water in a bowl. This solution can be used to deactivate the peel. If you experience severe discomfort while performing the peel simply splash neutralizing solution on the skin to quickly stop the peeling solution. Only use if necessary.
- Rinse face with cool water and gently pat dry. Make sure your face is thoroughly rinsed; you should feel no stinging now. Stinging indicates that the product is still active on your skin, and this can result in a burn. If you experience burns or scabs, you may have used a strong solution, or left peel on for longer time then needed. Do not pick at scabs and apply moisturizer daily.
- Apply an all-natural moisturizer as usual. We recommend pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum. When going out, avoid too much sun exposure and wear a sunscreen of an SPF15 or higher.
- Your face may be a little red for a day after the peel, but this will quickly fade and you will see the results of the peel develop over the next few days as the skin sheds off. The shedding process is not usually noticeable (small microscopic flakes), you do not usually ‘peel’ as you would with a stronger peel, though sometimes the higher strength acids can cause peeling in some sensitive areas (chin and nose usually). Do not pick at the peeling skin and allow it to shed naturally.
- Repeat every 7 to 14 days, maximum for the first month of use. Thereafter, you may increase use to every 5 days and for up to 10 minutes, maximum.
I think some of the notes above are just some general information about chemical peels as I have known that 30% Salicylic Acid peel should not be used more than 1 time per month. This Salicylic Acid arrived in a small envelope with a small box inside. Inside the box, the product is wrapped with bubble wrap. I prefer this product more than my previous 10% Salicylic Acid Peel solution I bought from another eBay seller named your_beauty. Why? Because it came with dark brown glass bottle.
Ingredients: Salicylic Acid, Propylene Glycol, SD Alcohol, Hexylene Glycol.
Directions: Apply the peel to the treatment area. Let stand on skin for 2 to 10 minutes depending on skin tolerance. Remove peel with copious amount of water. Follow with moisturizer. Note that a stinging sensation may occur. Flakiness may occur for 3 to 5 days after performing peel. When using this product avoid unnecessary sun exposure and use sunscreen. For external use only. Do not use if you have sensitive skin.
30% Salicylic Acid Peel Review
I had my first 30% Salicylic Acid Peel done yesterday on my nose and cheeks. Now, my nose is still red and my cheeks are red-brown and patchy (not very obvious in picture). For your information, salicylic acid peels up to 30% in general is safe to use at home. It is very normal to see a small amount of red-brown patches 24 hours after the peel. Redness and darkening can last for 4 to 7 days while the peeling takes place. It is very important that you keep the areas moist with moisturizer. As compared to 10% Salicylic Acid Peel, the stinging during the process is stronger. Redness is redder and more noticeable too. Co2 Laser or Chemical Peel? I think this is a difficult question. I would not consider Co2 Laser treatment again because of the cost and downtime. Chemical peel and Dermaroller is more affordable and less risky if you do it correctly at home.
Note: Because everyone’s skin differs, no guarantee is made or implied as to precise results. You are solely responsible for the proper usage of the products. Misuse of chemical peel products can cause injury and burns, so please follow all directions exactly as they are written. Use with care and caution. Keep out of reach of small children.