Why has it been so hot lately? I’m sweating while typing this and I couldn’t sleep well last night because of the weather. My brother felt sick too. We need herbal tea! This drink is good for treating sore throats, coughs, clearing internal heat and gastrointestinal problems. You will benefit a lot by having this.
How to cook Luo Han Guo and Chrysanthemum Herbal Tea
Luo Han Guo/ Luo Han Kuo (Siraitia grosvenorii) a.k.a. La Han Qua (Vietnamese), Arhat fruit, Buddha fruit, or monk fruit is one of several that have been called longevity fruit. It has long been valued in traditional Chinese medicine for its health benefits. I hope you like this bittersweet herbal tea.
2 Luo Han Guo
50g brown rock sugar
50g dried Longan
80g dried chrysanthemum flowers
4 pieces of Liquorice root (optional)
15 cups of water
1. Wash the Luo Han Guo and gently crack it with hands.
2. Bring 13 cups of water to a boil. Add Luo Han Guo and boil for few minutes.
3. Use a ladle to break the fleshy pulps and seeds into pieces.
4. Add another 2 cups of water and let it return to the boil.
5. Add dried chrysanthemum flowers, Liquorice root, dried Longan and brown rock sugar.
6. Reduce the heat, cover lid and simmer the drink for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
7. The herbal drink will appear blackish in colour.
8. Turn off the heat and cover the pot tightly and let it sit awhile. Serve warm.
Incoming search terms:
- luo han guo recipe
- lo han guo recipe
- luo han guo soup recipe
- livingincmajor com herbal tea
- livingincmajor com lo han guo
- luo han guo licorice
- benefits of luo han guo with brown surgar
- luo han guo tea recipe
- luo han guo how to cook
- luo han guo drink
I hope you enjoyed reading this article. You may now scroll down to leave a comment, or get back to the homepage.