Say goodbye to Lifestyle Aesthetic Clinic, Doctor Vincent Ng. Say goodbye to grid pattern Fractional Co2 Laser. Say hello to Medi-Klinik Wong, Zul & Rakan-Rakan, Doctor Wong. Say hello to random pattern Fractional Co2 Laser. It has been awhile since my last update about my skin. I have just come home from my third laser treatment. I am feeling great, while typing this, I feel no pain at all, thanks to Doctor Wong. In this entry, I am going to write a review about this Aesthetic Clinic and an update on my skin. After 5 weeks of second fractional laser resurfacing treatment at Lifestyle Aesthetic Clinic, my skin has improved. Pores seem shallower. I have used 10% Salicylic Acid to peel my skin for a few times in between.
Medi-Klinik Wong, Zul & Rakan-Rakan Fractional Co2 Laser Review
If you are an online shopper looking for Co2 Laser Resurfacing deals on Groupon, you would probably come across the name, “Medi-Klinik Wong, Zul & Rakan-Rakan”. The clinic offers up to 89% off Fractional Co2 Laser treatment for acne scars from RM119. I bought two sessions for RM199, quite a good deal as one session at Lifestyle Aesthetic Clinic cost me RM450. I reached there around 12.40pm, my appointment was 1pm. The staff asked for my identity card and Groupon voucher for registration. After registration, Doctor Wong came and greeted me with a friendly smile. He checked my skin thoroughly wearing a magnifying glass. Surprisingly, he said I did not have many acne scars, those are actually pores. Then, he explained in detail how the laser works and listened to me respectfully. We had a short but great conversation. Before the treatment, I needed to sign an agreement. Again, surprisingly, he explained everything in the agreement to me – what should I aware, what I should expect. I was really surprised as I had not gone through procedure like this at the previous aesthetic clinic. I had a big red pimple on my nose and Doctor Wong said that he would avoid lasering that area.
Medi-Klinik Wong, Zul & Rakan-Rakan
Address: 62A & 63A Jalan Desa Bakti, Taman Desa, 58100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Contact: 03-7971 3112 – Iris
Monday to Saturday: 9am to 6pm
Fractional Co2 Laser Procedure
Without further ado, I was brought to a clean room with a Fractional Co2 Laser machine. The machine seemed smaller in size as compared to Lifestyle Aesthetic Clinic. I had done Co2 Laser Skin resurfacing twice before. Lying on the bed, I was very familiar with the Co2 Laser procedure. I was not scared and I gave my full cooperation to Doctor Wong. After cleansing, the staff applied anesthetic cream on my face. Look at the photo. I could not see anything taking that photo. The anesthetic cream application took about 40 minutes. My face felt really numb after application. Thanks to this numbness, I did not feel any pain during the treatment.
My eyes were covered with two very comfy thick rubber eye-shaped eye covers. Doctor Wong lasered my skin carefully. He started from lasering acne scars first, and then focused on pores and lastly the rest of the skin. He kept talking to me, explaining what he was going to do and also asked for my feeling. His act has helped to reduce my tension, nervousness and anxiety. The laser was done in about 20 minutes. Doctor Wong told me that grid pattern Co2 Laser took about 5 seconds for one beam while random pattern took about 8 seconds. Random pattern Fractional Co2 Laser treatment will give you a better result, a more natural look during the downtime and after the treatment. Look at my skin under microscope. I do not see any evidence of my skin has being lasered. Perhaps, the depth of penetration was not deep as before? Next, the staff put a gel like mask on my face and cool mist was added. Lastly, moisturizer and sunblock will be applied. Doctor Wong talked to me again and asked if I had any question.
When I was making the next appointment (15 July), there were three products on the counter – post-treatment cream, sunblock and hydrator. The post-treatment cream was free of charge. I rejected the sunblock and hydrator without a second thought. I am sorry for not asking the price. I scared that they would push me to buy. Leave me a comment if you know how much they cost. The low quality blue color hydrator (Qiu md Elixir Hydro, RM178) I bought at Lifestyle Aesthetic Clinic still left more than half bottle. I would rather buy Academie skin care products on Lazada. Honestly, I have confidence in Doctor Wong. If you see him, you probably would have confidence in him too. He is willing to spend time with you.
If you ask me whether I prefer Lifestyle Aesthetic Clinic or Medi-Klinik Wong, Zul & Rakan-Rakan, my answer would be the latter. Why?
If you do not compare, you would never know which one is better:
- Cheaper. Only if you buy the Groupon deal. I do not think that it would be cheaper than Lifestyle as written on Groupon, the normal price is RM899 for one Co2 Laser Resurfacing.
- Free consultation. Only if you buy the Groupon deal. Consultation fee at Lifestyle Aesthetic Clinic is RM25 whereas I do not know the consultation fee of Medi-Klinik Wong, Zul & Rakan-Rakan, perhaps free of charge?
- Better anesthetic cream. Anesthetic cream used by Medi-Klinik Wong, Zul & Rakan-Rakan is better as you can see from photo. I could really feel the numbness. I just felt a little bit of burning and tingling sensation during or immediately after the treatment. However, I like Lifestyle Aesthetic Clinic soothing mask more.
- Longer treatment time. Treatment time at Medi-Klinik Wong, Zul & Rakan-Rakan was about 20 mintues while at Lifestyle Aesthetic Clinic was just about 10 minutes. You might wonder that why I like longer treatment time as it might be very painful. I like how Doctor Wong treated my acne scars, pores and normal skin with priority and different depth of laser penetration. He did the treatment slowly and carefully as I said above.
- Post-treatment cream without sunblock. It is free of charge if you buy the Groupon deal. The post-treatment cream does not include sunblock. You have to buy the sunblock separately. Lifestyle Aesthetic Clinic Co2 Laser post-treatment cream has sunblock included, cost RM50. I am worried that sunblock might clog pores. Long ago a beautician friend told me that many people might not aware of this but we had to double cleanse our face if we put sunblock. Double cleanse means first step to wipe your skin with a makeup removal to eliminate impurities and make-up while the second step to clean your face with a facial cleanser to purify the skin. I would prefer to use sunblock only if I need to go under the sun
- Random Co2 Laser pattern. Medi-Klinik Wong, Zul & Rakan-Rakan using random pattern Co2 Laser gives you a more natural look during the recovery time. Trust me, the grid pattern laser mark is very ugly.
What I am saying here is based on my own personal experience. I am just like you who are searching for ways to get rid of acne scars, enlarged pores and pimples. Share your opinions with me in the comments section below.